- This event has passed.
EAP: Do we have free will?
24.11.2021 @ 16:00 - 17:00
EAP: Mental Talks: Do we have free will
To introduce the hot free will discussion, the different corresponding points of view and strategies to strengthen our willpower
Are we – human beings – fundamentally free to choose our actions and model our lives or are we predetermined by things beyond our control?
The extent to which we believe in the existence of free will affects our attitudes, behavior patterns and social connectivity. There is a hot debate between the followers of the deterministic point of view suggesting that there is no free will at all and the anti-deterministic supporters who are freedom-oriented.
Are you brave enough to fight for freedom or you don’t want to take the burden of responsibility for your decisions?
This is the question! Why do we need free will at all and who are we to determine what is right and what is wrong?
As human beings we are locked in social conventions and rules, we follow specific norms, but we can choose where to live, if we want to donate for some crowdfunding campaign and take other personal decisions.
Still we inhabit human bodies and our discussion is limited by the brain’s capabilities and structures. But yet we can choose which social group to be part of, who our friends and loved once are.
We generally form our life and shape our future by decisions we take every day. They are limited but still free.
Are we happy with what we have done so far? Or do we want to change? Are we brave enough to change?
The life is a constant development and growth so we need to choose which direction is the right for us and to fight for our self-improvement.
Are we capable to change or break our bad habits?
We will discuss strategies for boosting our willpower and freedom to change.
- We will present some useful tips on how you strengthen your willpower
- Will motivate participants to think about different perspectives regarding free will
- Will speak about the rules and social conventions that we follow and the ones we disagree with
- We will discuss the meaning of freedom for well-being and mental health
- We will focus on our personal responsibilities and motivation for change
- Up-to-date presentation of information and research in the field.
- Sharing good practices
- Discussing the advantages and disadvantages
In the planned workshop are invited to participate people from JUST EAT TAKE AWAY
Duration: 60 minutes