- Това събитие е минало събитие.
EAP mental talks: Stress and Burnout (Modis)
01.04.2020 @ 11:00 - 12:30free
working language Bulgarian
Stress and Burnout
The models for prevention and intervention of brunaut are directed mainly in two directions: group seminars for prevention and individual psychotherapy of the victims. The most important task of group seminars is to make the participants aware of the phenomenon and to help them discover its manifestations both in themselves and in their colleagues. The focus will be on preventative measures because once in one organization, Burnout Syndrome is highly contagious. Like the learned helplessness, the state of Burnout tends to self-support and intensify.
Recognition of symptoms of stress and burnout.
- Mental modeling play ©– a method of modeling one’s own emotions
- Determining the level of manifestation of stress-related symptoms
- Understanding the nature of stress, identifying stressors (events that cause us stress), stress response (body reaction), and focusing on stress mediators.
- The reflection of my self in my career. Finding the meaning of the work being done or planning a change.
What is Burnout?
Two important complementary definitions of burning are:
- “A state of physical, emotional and mental exhaustion caused by long-term exposure to emotionally demanding situations. “Ayala Pines and Elliott Aranson.
- “A state of fatigue or frustration caused by devotion to a cause, lifestyle or relationship that fails to deliver the expected reward.” “Herbert Freudenberger.
The specific symptoms of burnout include:
- Negative and critical attitude towards work.
- Reluctance to get started.
- Lack of energy.
- Sleeping problems.
- Feeling of emptiness.
- Feeling physical complaints such as headaches, palpitations or back pain.
- Annoyance to team members or customers.
- Thinks as that your job doesn’t make sense and it doesn’t matter.
- Retreating emotionally from colleagues, customers, relatives.
- Feeling that your work and contribution are not recognized.
- Thoughts about leaving work or changing roles.