- Това събитие е минало събитие.
EAP Mental Talks: How to overcome procrastination
17.06.2021 @ 15:00 - 16:00Безплатно
EAP: Mental Talks: How to overcome procrastination
To learn useful strategies for overcoming procrastination
“Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll’ philosophy.”
Procrastination is a challenge we have all faced in some moments of our life. We have been struggling with delaying, avoiding, and procrastinating on important tasks. We live in a world with lots of deadlines. We put things off thinking that it is a matter of good task management, but sometimes there is a thin line between delaying things that are not important and procrastination. Sometimes realistically we probably put too many things on our plate. In this discussion group we are gonna talk about this distinction.
We will discuss our productive moments, when we temporarily figure out how to stop procrastinating, we feel satisfied and accomplished. In this MENTAL TALK we’re going to talk about how to make those rare moments of productivity more routine. The purpose of this discussion group is to break down the science behind why we procrastinate, share proven frameworks you can use to beat procrastination, and cover useful strategies that will make it easier to take action
- We will discuss some scientific researches about procrastination
- Will learn some interesting fact about cultural differences in procrastination and how animals procrastinate
- Will speak about some neurological and psychological problems related to procrastination
- We will discuss main types of procrastinations
- We will inform you about some successful strategies to overcome procrastination
- Up-to-date presentation of information and research in the field.
- Sharing good practices and techniques
- Discussing the disadvantages of being procrastinator and tip to start overcoming this habit
- Self-assessment form – test
- Discussion and self-reflection
In the planned workshop are invited to participate people from MODIS
Duration: 60 minutes