- This event has passed.
EAP Mental Talks: ‘Self-perception in others’ eyes’
13.03.2023 @ 17:00 - 18:00Безплатно
EAP: Mental Talks: 'Self-perception in others' eyes
To learn basic theories about self concept and learn strategies to overcome our own poor self esteem or help others to improve theirs.
Do you honestly know yourself? Are you aware of who you are and what make you you, not somebody else?
One of the prominent concepts about self-perception is the so called The Looking Glass Self Theory of Charles Cooley which says that we see ourselves reflected in other people’s reactions to us and then form our self concept based on how we believe other people see us.
In this mental talk we will discuss the way we form our believes about ourselves based on the feedback we receive from significant others.
Part of the topic is the way self-concept is developer during childhood.
The most interesting question is do we lie about ourselves and can we have objective estimation about about our abilities and characteristics.
We will present dramatical theories about the self.
- We will discuss research about self-perception and its use in everyday life
- We will discuss the connection and relationship between the way people perceive us and our own self-concept,
- Up-to-date presentation of information and research in the field.
- Sharing good practices and techniques
- Answering various questions regarding the topic
In the planned workshop are invited to participate people from Software One
Duration: 60 minutes