EAP mental talks: Smart addiction (Modis)
март 25 @ 14:00 - 15:30free
working language Bulgarian or English
To present participants with information on theoretical and practical aspects of emotional intelligence. To encourage recognising and developing skills and competencies connected to emotional intelligence.
The originating mechanisms of addiction in people are similar regardless of the object of addiction – alcohol, drugs, gambling or something else.Why are human beings so prone to developing an addiction? Lately there has been much talk about addiction to the smart devices we use in our day to day activities, although smartphone addiction is not yet accepted as an official diagnosis.
How much do you know about the devices in your hands and their effects on your brain chemistry? How much use is overuse and can you sense the border between the two on your own?
The available data suggests that smartphone overuse can have a detrimental effect on personal relationships, can cause or aggravate emotional symptoms and sleep disorders.
Have you seen a child in a stroller holding a smartphone? What happens when such a devise finds its way into a child’s hands? Do we know enough about the long term effect of smart technology on a developing brain to allow children unlimited access to it?
- To present valuable and accessible information concerning the phenomenon in hand.
- To generate ideas about personal development in the domain of emotional intelligence.
- To provide a safe space for discussion of the relevant subject in the conditions of full confidentiality.
- Presentation of current research and knowledge about the relevant phenomenon.
- Group work, role play – the participants work in groups on different tasks or cases
- Group discussion of the relevant subject
In the planned workshop are invited to participate between 10 and 15 people from MODIS
Duration: 90 minutes