- Това събитие е минало събитие.
EAP mental talks: Social Intelligence (Modis)
12.02.2020 @ 11:00 - 12:30free
working language: Bulgarian or English
To present participants with information about theoretical and practical aspects of social intelligence. To encourage recognising and developing skills and competencies connected to social intelligence.
How effectively do you navigate your social surroundings? Do you establish friendships and relationships easily? Do you momentarily grasp the unwritten rules, coalitions and animosities in an unknown group of people? The skills to manage the social landscape can be summarized as social intelligence.
There is a popular quote that man is a social animal, but what does this mean in the beginning of 2020 when the phrase “social network” is even more popular?
Contemporary studies suggest that loneliness has a disastrous effect on human health and consequently the ability to build successful relationships is crucial to human wellbeing. What are the important aspects of social intelligence and how to strengthen them in ourselves?
How does social intelligence relate to socially important topics and what should we know about the effect of our unconscious attitudes and prejudices on our reasoning?
General knowledge and IQ are the key factors in succeeding in a particular field but the experience of personal well being and the perception of life as meaningful are more dependent on social and emotional intelligence.
- To present valuable and accessible information concerning the phenomenon in hand.
- To generate ideas about personal development in the domain of social intelligence.
- To provide a safe space for discussion of the relevant subject in the conditions of full confidentiality.
- Presentation of current research and knowledge about the relevant phenomenon.
- Group work, role play – the participants work in groups on different tasks or cases
- Group discussion of the relevant subject
In the planned workshop are invited to participate between 10 and 15 people from MODIS
Duration: 90 minutes