- Това събитие е минало събитие.
EAP: Mental Talks: The Meaning of Panic Attacks. What Do They Try to Tell Us?
06.04.2022 @ 17:00 - 18:00Безплатно
EAP: Mental Talks: The Meaning Of Panic Attacks. What Do They Try To Tell Us?
To give information about the nature and causes of panic attacks and the way to deal with them
Anxiety has a purpose. It makes us more alive, makes us ready for action. Since ancient times it gives people the ability to attack or escape. This was and still is very useful in the jungle but not that reasonable when you are at the cinema with friends.
When anxiety gets to be too much, it makes you ready to run and it’s called panic.
Panic attacks are unexpected episodes of extreme fear that strikes suddenly and reaches its peak within a few minutes. Then it disappears almost as quickly, leaving the person bewildered and terrified that the feelings may come back again.
During a panic attack most people experience lots of unpleasant physical symptoms and may tell themselves:
“I can’t breathe properly.”
“I’m having a heart attack.”
“I’m about to pass out.”
“I’m going to lose control and go crazy.”
Up to 20 percent of people experience a panic attack at least once in their lifetime. Triggers of the first panic attack can be a stuffy room, overwork, a large amount of alcohol or coffee, excessive emotional stress. These episodes can be completely unexpected and seem spontaneous.
However, the signals for the panic attacks, whether internal or external, can often be detected with further investigation.
Therapy and professional support can help people who suffer from panic attacks in not letting anxiety rule their daily life.
You are the one in control of your own life and you have the right to feel good.
- To discuss the origin, causes and factors that contribute to panic attack’s manifestation
- To present easy techniques and coping strategies that can help dealing with them
- To discuss real-life cases in which one can analyze the meaning of panic attacks
- To define stress and anxiety as key factors in the origin of panic attacks and discuss effective ways for their prevention
- Up-to-date presentation of information and research in the field
- Discussing thought distortions as stressors and presenting cognitive strategies for dealing with them
- Self-reflecting exercises
- Discussion and reflection
In the planned workshop are invited to participate people from HeleCloud
Duration: 60 minute