- This event has passed.
EAP: What is depression and what can I do about it?
29.09.2020 @ 11:30 - 12:30free
What is depression and what can I do about it?
Workshop goals: To present participants with information on depression. To encourage participants to get help for improving quality of life.
Sadness, feeling down, and having a loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities are familiar feelings for all of us. But if they persist and affect our lives substantially, the issue may be depression.
Being depressed can make you feel helpless. You’re not. Along with therapy and sometimes medication, there’s a lot you can do on your own to fight back. Changing your behavior — your physical activity, lifestyle, and even your way of thinking — are all natural depression treatments.
Signs and symptoms
The symptoms of depression can include:
- a depressed mood
- reduced interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- a loss of sexual desire
- changes in appetite
- unintentional weight loss or gain
- sleeping too much or too little
- agitation, restlessness, and pacing up and down
- slowed movement and speech
- fatigue or loss of energy
- feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- difficulty thinking, concentrating, or making decisions
- recurrent thoughts of death or suicide, or an attempt at suicide
- To present valuable and accessible information concerning the phenomenon in hand.
- To generate ideas about stress resilience development in the domain of crisis.
- Presentation of current research and knowledge about the relevant phenomenon.
- Group discussion of the relevant subject
In the planned workshop are invited to participate managers and team leads from MODIS
Duration: 60 minutes